Sunday, January 20, 2013

Hollywood Regency Week : Serene and Contemporary HR Inspired Home

Dear blogfriends,

Our Hollywood Regency Week is almost finished. I realize many aspect of this style hasn't been tackled. I'm sure we'll come back on that style.

However, today, I take the opportunity to present a blog that I like very much. I think it is very interesting to see how bloggers that are inspired by the same interiors, decorate their interior in a slightly different way.

Danielle Oakey is a very talented blogger and decorator. She can create very lovely and unique decors on a budget. She always gives very good tips!

We featured similar interiors on our blogs, like Lindsay Mens Craig's apartment or this house designed by Jessica Helgerson (just to give some examples), however, our personal styles are a bit different.

She introduced some Hollywood Regency's element in her home and used a very bright and happy color palette, so the result has enough drama and splendour. However, the neutral tones of the walls and of the sofa and the delicate use of the happy color palette create a serene an informal atmosphere that the scandinavian-interior-lover that I am totally love!


I'll always love a Eero Saarinen dinning room. The fabric used for the upholstered chairs reminds of the Hollywood Regency classic imperial treillis.

I also love campaigner inspired painted desk. The color is perfect.


Do you recognize the Chiang Mai fabric? I will love this fabric forever.


Happy and dramatic (Ikea) baroque console and subtle animal print ottoman.

Credit : Danielle Oakey

 I love that reinterpreted every element. The result is sophisticated and unique.
What do you think? Isn't it lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment