Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ideas for the Dinning Nook (3) : The Bertoia Chair

I am so so glad we (my boyfriend and I) made up our mind for the chair of the dinning nook.

I wanted a modern classic chair.

At first, my choice was the Eames chair.


Credit : Houzz

I still love them, but I think they are a bit too industrial for me and would work better in a kitchen.

Then, I was truly loving this model from Habitat.

Credit : Habitat

Which matches our office chair. I love how the leather warths up our interior. This is glam and cozy. But I think it would be too matchy-matchy (with the office chair) and quite "heavy" (because of the chrome and the leather).

It's not stricto sensu a design classic, but it reminds me those beautifull mid-century rooms.


Credit : Somewhere on Pinterest...

Credit : Rue Mag

Some other chairs came in discussion, like the Saarinen tulip chair.

Credit : Houzz

But finally we agreed on...

 the BERTOIA WIRE CHAIR!

Credit : Houzz



I love that's unformal yet elegant and that you can play with cushions to make it cozier or lighter. We still have to make our choice for the cushions though...

Apartment therapy just published an article on this modern classic chair.

And you? Do you like modern classics? Which is you favorite? Have you some? I'd like to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment