Monday, September 17, 2012

DIY : Skirted Console for the Entry


I needed a storage solution for the shoes in the entry. I didn't want to spend much money on it, because I didn't have a long term solution fo the entry (I still don't).

I had a little Ikea Billy bookshelve that I didn't want to use anymore. But I thought it was to ugly, or to generic to be place in an entry.
In case you don't know this guy (but then where on earth do you live?) here he is :

Billy from Ikea

Besides, it wasn't hiding anything and I think it is not very nice to be welcomed by a bunch of shoes.

But Jenny Komenda, from the wonderfull blog Little Green Notebook gave me the solution.

Jenny is not only a great decorator (check her amazing Tribeca loft here), she is also the queen of DIY. 
And she has wonderfull tutorials. Everything looks so easy when she explains... it is incredible!

Jenny published a NO SEW skirted console tutorial. HERE. I had some light grey thick fabric left from a private sale and I followed every step and it was truelly easy. I realized the all project in about 2 hours. If you want to hide something ugly under a skirt, do it.

This is now my entry. Simple but clean and decluttered.

No comments:

Post a Comment