Friday, August 31, 2012

Aboriginal Art : DIY



Here is the original, from the aboriginal artist Jeannie Mills Pwerl :

Credit : Ish and Chi


I used paper, acrylic paint and a brush.
I first painted the all paper in very dark blue.

Then I loaded different paints on the brush and followed Jenny Komenda's secret : "The real trick to painting anything with a brus is to load the brush with a consistant amount of paint every time, lay the paint down smoothly the first time and then resist every temptation to go back over what you have done".



Then I Q-tiped the white dots... (I practiced a bit before)



The trick is to balance the colors...


I framed it in a Ikea Ribba frame... and this is how it turned out :


I am very pleased with it. Below with the flashlight.


I hung it above Anouk's park. This creates such a colorfull nook.


3 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog
    and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
    After all I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!


    my web blog webpage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear. I cannot find any drawing here in your post but I want to say that I am great admirer of Aboriginal Art. I never miss any Aboriginal Art exhibition in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!! I just came here to collecting some information on Aboriginal Art, because I heard it is very well-liked these days. If you have information on this dot painting art, please share your views here!!

    ReplyDelete